Monday, April 12, 2010

25 weeks!!

Can it be? Is Baby Girl really no longer a papaya?? That's right, now she's an eggplant. Blech!! 

A papaya sounds so much cuter. Ah well, now she's an eggplant for a few weeks and there's not much I can do about it. :)  
Her eyes are beginning to form and soon she will be able to blink. Her immune system is getting ready for the world outside of me. Oh, and they say people might be able to hear her heartbeat from the outside with no stethoscope! We haven't tried this yet, but I'm sure we will eventually. 
All that is the 25-28 week update. So nothing new for the next few weeks. (Except that I think I may get another ultrasound in that time!)

As for how I'm feeling, just lovely! Seriously, I am exhausted and heartburn-y still, but other than that I feel pretty much normal. I do already have a hard time getting comfortable when I go to sleep, which makes me very scared of what the next few weeks will bring when I get huge! But only 15 more weeks left. I can handle anything for 15 weeks if I get to hold a brand new baby girl at the end! ♥  
(I'd better watch what I say... to be honest, besides some major complications, one of my worst fears is bed rest!)

I had an OB appointment today where I learned that I have gained a whopping 20 pounds so far. I got home and told Tory that I didn't feel like I looked like I gained that much. And he didn't say anything. Poophead.
There really wasn't much to the appointment- my blood pressure is good, uterus growth is good, Baby Girl's heartbeat is good... and that's about it. My next appointment is in a month, and after that we go to bi-weekly appointments! Time flies when you have a toddler at home! ;)

Also, I get to set up my second ultrasound for 4-6 weeks from now, which will determine whether or not I need a C-section. I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be when faced with that idea. I think I'm just so happy that the baby is healthy and will get outta me somehow, that I'm not dwelling on surgery.

 {looking at Tory and not the camera. whoops!)

Cravings this week: Anything! That's right, I'm hungry all the time. I eat 6 small-ish meals every day. (Who am I kidding. They aren't that small!) Plus snacks. Anything will do, thanks. Especially meat. Duh. And for whatever reason I like desserts, which, if you know me, is not me at all!

No comments: