Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh Boy!! (or should I say Oh Girl?)

From the time I was a young girl I changed my mind often about what I wanted to "be" when I grew up. At various points in my life I was sure I'd end up being a National Geographic photographer, a clown, and an ASL interpreter... and everything in between.

The only thing I never wavered on was wanting to be a mom.

When I was a young teen, I revised that to "I want to be a mom... to all boys"

Mid-late teens, I still wanted to be a mom... to all boys.

Same with the early twenties. 

Then I became a mom to one precious little boy, and still that stayed the same. If one boy can be so perfect, how incredible would 2 be?? (Or 3, or 4, or 5...)

***************************************************

Today an ultrasound technician informed me that my childhood dream would never be realized. 

And I truly could not be happier. (Or more nervous!)

That's right.

In just 20 short weeks, I'll be meeting my daughter!!!

***************************************************

 The profile with a hand waving around.
 

The bottom of her face. You can see two nostrils and her mouth and chin. ♥
  
 The "It's a Girl" shot.
  

The bottoms of her feet.

Everything looks good so far. The only "problem" is that the placenta is too low and almost covering my cervix. This only poses a problem when it comes to delivery, and may force me to have a C-section. It also may correct itself. We'll wait til closer to the due date to have another ultrasound and check things out. Either way though, the baby is healthy and that's what really matters!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Don't give up hope on the placenta moving. I had a low lying placenta with Colin and it didn't move up until close to the end of the pregnancy. I think around 30/32 weeks or so.