Friday, March 19, 2010

21.5 month words

The doctor asked me today how many words Tyler can say. I laughed as I tried to come up with a number off the top of my head. The answer is I have no freakin' clue. But it got me thinking... and so I've been thinking since we left the office. And here's my list so far:

Bad
Ball
Banana ("na")
Bath
Blue
Book
Bowl
Bye ("Diya)
Car
Chair
Cheek
Clock
Closed
Coat
Cold
Color
Cook
Cookie ("Gi")
Cup
"D" (My dad.)
Dada
Dance
Dex ("Di")
Dog
Door
Draw
Eye
"G" (My mom)
Good
Hat
Head
Help
Hi ("Hiya")
Hide
Hot
Ice
Jeans
Key
Kiss
Light
Milk ("na")
More
Nick (My brother)
No
Nose
Off
On
Open
Please
Read
Scrub (said three times, every time)
Sit
Stairs
Stick
Stir
Stuck
Tea
Teeth
That
There it is/There you are
Up
Yes
Yucky ("KKey")
Zip

That's 64 words, in case you don't want to count! (The doctor asked if it was at least 20, which I quickly said yes to. So I guess he's doing all right. haha)

As you can see, some of these words do not sound like words- but I can understand every single one of them when he says it. (And yes, I know which "na" is banana and which "na" is milk. And the difference between "yucky" and "key" is obvious as well. ;) )

You may have noticed that there is no "mama". Apparently that was just a sound he made as a baby, because he doesn't call me anything yet. :/

No comments: