Monday, February 1, 2010

Sick Lil' Boy

Poor Tyler has had a terrible cough for just over 2 days now. It seriously hurts me every time he coughs. Normally he loves medicine, but this time it takes two people to force it down his throat. That does not make me happy. Poor poor baby.

His bedtime is 7pm and last night I was sure ready for it! But no. Last night he spent from 7pm-12am awake and coughing and puking and snotting all over me and him. We went through two pj changes, 2 sheet changes, and all three layers of shirts I was wearing! Tory was out all night, so it was just me and the sick pukey baby. If it sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself... maybe I am. ;)

He finally fell asleep for the night at 12:00- just after Daddy got home. He slept through the night and woke up around 7am, was up for 20 minutes, fell asleep on Daddy for over an hour, was put back into his crib, and finally woke up "for the day" at 1:30pm! Poor baby was exhausted!

Now he's sitting on the couch with an endlessly runny nose watching Clifford.

The only good thing that comes from a sick lil' boy?
Snuggles for me!

*Edit: Tory just got home and, 15 minutes after I typed the whole "it takes two people to force the meds down his throat" thing, Tory offered Tyler the same exact cup of cough medicine that I tried for 30 minutes to get him to take, and the little brat swallowed it quickly and happily. Grrrrrrr.... ;)

No comments: