Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My dog = Bad dog

I have to remind myself that I took this picture just this morning... because if I don't, I just might kill him.
The dog. Not the kid. ;)

 

 First, let me say that Dex is closed in the bedroom whenever we leave, because he will eat anything and everything that is in his reach. Considering his size, everything is in his reach. 

I closed him in the room today, double checking the door that doesn't latch easily. It was shut, and there was a shelf in front of it, just in case. Seriously. I double checked it.

I got home a couple hours later to find that he had somehow moved the shelf, opened the door, and gotten into the main room... where the food is. 

And then I looked around. 

And I pretty much wanted to cry and kill him all at once.

He had gotten 3 bags of chocolate chips (totaling 8 pounds) and thrown them all over the living room area. Eight freaking pounds. 
 (Not to mention he ate a plate of cookies and a package of Club crackers.)

He'd probably be dead if he liked chocolate... fortunately for him, he's never liked it at all, so he just played with it.  

Normally I'd have taken a picture, but I was (and am) too mad to stop to do that. I just shoved him out the back door and cleaned up. Probably shaking in anger.
Hey, I was going to use those for cookies tomorrow! And I just today told my mom not to buy chocolate chips because I have plenty and I'd give her some...



No comments: