Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Lil' Sweet Potato- 18 weeks

 
18 weeks 3 days

The baby is now the size of a sweet potato! How weird is that?? I'll be honest, I had to go to the grocery store in order to see just how big a sweet potato is. lol  Now I know. And that's a pretty good sized baby if you ask me!

I don't remember when I started feeling Tyler move around, but I'm pretty sure it was much later than 18 weeks! I've actually been feeling this one for a while now... at least two weeks. He/she's been getting more and more active every day, and today Tory actually got to feel it for the first time. 
I'd forgotten just how incredible it is to feel those little kicks. There are no words to describe how exciting this is for me- yes, even though I've felt all these things before with Tyler. 

Also just today, we can actually see the baby moving! It's so bizarre to watch! If you've never seen it, you should find a very pregnant woman and ask if you can check it out. It's awesome! ;)

As for symptoms, I'm ready for bed. All the time. haha  Ever since the 2nd trimester started about 4 weeks ago, my only "complaints" are sheer exhaustion and horrible heartburn. It could be a whole lot worse. 
(As I recall from my very pukey pregnancy with Tyler Shmyler... lol)

Pretty much everything about this pregnancy is easier than the first. Really the only issue I have this time is that I'm considered high risk, and have been told by the doctor that I'm not allowed to lift more than 25lbs. That doesn't work out very well, since my 20 month old weighs 33.7lbs! But I am trying to take it easy. 

I have an ultrasound scheduled for March 8, which is when we'll find out if we're buying pink and purple, or getting to re-use all of Tyler's old things! ;) 
Then I have another doctor's appointment a week later for a check up. Can't wait! 

This week's craving: Peanut M&M's!


No comments: