Monday, July 19, 2010

39 weeks

And that's as far as this countdown is going!!

I had an appointment with Dr. A this afternoon. My first truly productive appointment. 
{Stop reading now if you don't like hearing words like "cervix" "mucous plug" and "ruptured membranes"  lol}
The "boring" stuff first:
 
I am up 30lbs total. I don't remember what I've said in the past, but according to the charts, it's 30lbs exactly.
Dandelion's heart rate is 143. (Good)
Uterus size is perfect.
 She is still head down and ready to go!

Dr. A estimates that Dandelion weighs about 8lbs 2oz, maybe 8lbs 3oz.

And for the exciting stuff:

She checked my cervix, which was dilated 2cm. (Insert photo of me jumping for joy here)
Then she said to hold on for a sec, because she's gonna make it 3cm. (More jumping for joy)

Dr. A did the most "vigorous" exam she could do without rupturing my membranes. That was comfortable. 
(Sarcasm intended)
Yessiree, I am 3cm dilated and 50% effaced. This is good news.

But it gets better. Rather than being induced on Thursday at 7am, I'm going in on Wednesday (July 21) at noon. That, my friends, is less than 48 hours away.
And I'm not actually being induced- no pitocin if all goes as planned. I'll have my water broken and head straight to the hospital. 

And that's assuming I don't go into labor on my own before then... which is quite possible, especially when you factor in these crazy contractions I'm having! She said I'll have the contractions for a while because of the exam, and then they'll either slow down/stop or I'll be in labor. 

Now we're just waiting.

No "how I'm feeling" updates now, because all I'm "feeling" is impatience.
No craving updates either, because I'm not craving anything except holding a new baby!  
No new picture because Tory is at work... that may come later.  

No comments: