Monday, August 17, 2009

Tyler spends time with the grandparents!

On Tuesday night (about a week ago) I suddenly got really really really sick. I mean really sick. It was one of the hottest nights we've had yet, and I was shivering under quite a few blankets. Blech. Anyway, Wednesday morning came and I could hardly swallow, still had a fever, headache, couldn't stand up, etc... Basically, I was unable to keep up with my toddler for the day! So I called in reinforcements in the form of my mom, who drove the hour fifteen out here to spend the day with the kiddo. She brought me meds and soup and yogurt and ginger ale, and gathered up Tyler's stuff and headed out the door, leaving me with strict instructions to sleep and drink a lot. :) They went grocery shopping, and to lunch, and the playground! She said he had a good time and was an angel. (Duh!) She kept him until naptime, and Tory was able to get home before he woke up. That was day 1 of sick Mommy.

Wednesday morning came and I was worse. (Did I mention that I never get sick? Seriously. NEVER) So I called in reinforcements again, this time in the form of Tory's mom. She came out in the morning, hung out here for 20 minutes, and then gathered up the kiddo and his stuff and took him the hour fifteen back to her house for the day.
Tyler had such a fun day! Grandma and Grandpa took him to the petting zoo!

Walking (or running?) around the zoo!

I hear he loved the baby kangaroos, but the "hot" zebra trash can was his favorite. Go figure. lol Apparently he was terrified of the goats! I admit that I laughed when I heard this! His dog is many times the size of goats and Tyler will feed him and crawl all over him with no problem, but show the kid a goat and he won't let go of grandma. Poor guy.

Leaning as far away as possible from the evil goat!


Playing with Grandpa at the house. This is the wind chime
that Tyler thinks is one of the funniest things ever!

His daddy was working in Waldorf MD that day, so he swung by Sterling to pick Tyler up on his way home. They got home around 7pm, and Tyler was exhausted! He didn't nap all day even though I sent the Pack n Play along. Instead he ended up falling asleep on his grandpa while he held him walking around outside. ♥ As sweet as that is, it's nowhere near as restful as a good nap, so he was asleep the second they got home and didn't stir all night.

Friday came and so did Tory's mom... again. She drove out here yet again to watch the kiddo for a few hours out here. They played at our house for a while, and she also took him out to lunch.
Fortunately, by Friday afternoon I was starting to feel a bit better.

I must say, without Tyler's grandparents, I don't know what I would have done! I was truly miserable for a while there. But now here it is Monday and I am good as new. Finally!

So thank you mom, and Mom H. for making the horrible drive out here so I could get some much needed rest!

No comments: