Monday, August 17, 2009

Frying Pan Park

Yesterday Tyler and I got up and I decided that I was sick of being sick and stuck in the house, so we headed out to Sterling. I'd found out the day before that Zach was in town! (Coast Guard brother who lives in CA) He's going to a 3 week school in Norfolk, VA and will be home on weekends, so we decided to go see him. Of course, I didn't get any pictures of the two of them. I'll try another weekend soon. Tyler is still not sure who Zach is, and kind of wary around him. This time we gave Zach a handful of M&Ms to attempt to bribe Tyler over. It worked a little.

We played for a while at their house, and then Tyler, Mom and I headed out for lunch and a visit to Frying Pan Park- a farm where you can walk around and see all the animals. The first thing we saw when we got there was this giant pig. I was in awe. Really. lol As you can see by his death grip on grandma, Tyler was a bit unsure of the pig. (left) We walked through the barn and saw a cow (either sick or pregnant, I couldn't tell!) some goats (they didn't scare him quite as much as they did last week), sheep, more pigs, and two huge gorgeous black horses. I wanted them. ;) Tyler was more interested in the shovels, ropes, and wood than the animals.
We then went outside to see the turkey and other dinner items... I mean poultry. (I'm a chicken fan myself.) Tyler seems to prefer the winged creatures over anything else. We spent most of our time watching the chickens and ducks and turkey and peacock! (See right) We walked out to see the goats and cows in the fields, but Tyler wasn't interested. He was in a hurry to get back to the chickens. Which is just what we did of course. :)

Me and my baby watching the pretty peacock.

No comments: