Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ultrasound!!!


Finally I got to see my baby today! At first, the tech couldn't find the baby OR a heartbeat, which pretty much made my own heart skip a few beats. She said that it may be too early, so she wanted to try a vaginal ultrasound just in case. Thank God, she was able to find him/her immediately that way. Phew! I got to hear the heartbeat, and I'll be honest, it was even better than when I first heard Tyler's, because with him I wasn't worried, but this time I was scared out of my mind! There is just nothing like hearing your unborn child's heart beating away!

I saw the head (which is on the left), both arms (one up by the head, the other poking out along the bottom), and the legs beginning to form.
It really shocked me how clear the picture is. All other early ultrasound photos I've seen, I can't even make out a baby- just a blob! But this one is really awesome. It actually almost looks like a baby. ♥

She said that the doctor will call me if she sees anything wrong, but as far as the tech was concerned, everything is perfectly normal for 8.5 weeks. What a relief!

No comments: