Friday, May 15, 2009

And He's Off!

Tyler took his first steps 3 days ago- just one or two at a time. Then yesterday we were at my mom's house and he took FOUR consecutive steps. (Ok, he was being bribed with soda, but it worked!) He hasn't taken any since then, but I just know he'll be off and running as soon as he figures out that it can be faster than crawling.

We spent the day out in Sterling visiting both our families. Tyler got to play on the trampoline for the first time. He didn't like it much, but I think it's because he was so tired. I got up there to hold him and he almost fell asleep on me! I guess the slight bouncing worked like our rocking chair. :)

We played outside with the dogs for a long time, and that's where Tyler first discovered caterpillars! Yuck! He chased it around for a bit, until Madden decided he'd had enough and pawed the thing to death. After which Tyler decided it looked like something good to eat and I made Tory get rid of it. What was I thinking wanting all boys?? ;)

After a long day spent learning to walk and playing outside, Tyler fell asleep as soon as he was in his carseat and slept the whole 75 minutes home, went right to bed when we got home, and slept until 7:30 this morning.

No comments: