Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 15th

October 15 is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

To me, it's just one of 365 "remembrance" days. Not one single day goes by that I don't think about the babies I never got to hold.

My own little ones were lost on
January 31st, 2009 at 11 weeks (due August 17, 2009)
July 1, 2009 at 13 weeks (due January 3, 2010)
September 26, 2009 at 5 weeks (due May 23, 2010)

After my first miscarriage I began to pray for a "miracle baby." Through each of my losses I have wondered why this one couldn't be it. I have come to realize that maybe I already have my little miracle. I am so blessed to have Tyler, and I think that losing 3 babies after a healthy pregnancy has taught me to never take him for granted.


I just wanted to point out what today is to so many people. And tonight, millions of people around the world will light their candles at 7pm, burning them for an hour. I will join them this year.