Saturday, September 12, 2009

Washington D.C.

Today we took Tyler to D.C. for the first time. It was such a gorgeous day for it! We really couldn't have chosen a better day to go.

It took us almost 2 hours to get there (yikes!) and once we did, there was typical weekend tourist traffic (which reminded me exactly why I don't go there on weekends) PLUS there were protesters everywhere. To be honest, I don't know, nor do I care, what they were protesting. :P We were just there for fun. ;)

Once we finally found a garage to park in, we met up with Abby, Kels, and Mike. We had some lunch on the Mall, where Tyler thoroughly enjoyed a live band who was playing nearby. He was all smiles and dancing, and making all of us laugh.

We started walking toward the Washington Monument, because that's the main thing I wanted pictures of Tyler with. Tyler was not much a fan of the stroller today. He preferred to walk like the big boy he is. ♥ We humored him for most of the day, so we didn't make very good time. ;)

The slowness was worth it... look how happy it made him!

All that walking makes for one thirsty little boy!


"Look Ma! I found the Washington Monument!"

Me and my favorite boys.

Those boys just love to try and give me a heart attack!

{It made for a pretty awesome picture though!}

We walked down to the Lincoln Memorial where Tyler again spent lots of time out of his stroller. He climbed the steps and ate M&Ms. (pics to come later if Abby got any good ones... those are on her camera and I don't have them yet.) We stayed there for a while, and then headed back toward the Washington Memorial and the garage. We didn't do any of the war memorials or museums, because I didn't think the kiddo was going to make it and stay in a good mood. He was a very sleepy boy who hadn't napped yet. ;) It had taken us over 3 hours to have lunch and see just two of the many memorials/monuments that D.C. has to offer. I am very happy with Tyler first visit to our capital. I think he had a pretty good time too. If nothing else, it pretty much wore him out! He was asleep before we even got out of the parking garage!

No comments: