Wednesday, March 4, 2009

YAY for naps!!

That's how I feel today. After 5 (count them, FIVE) days of 2 30-45minute naps each day, I finally got a 3 hour nap out of the kiddo today! Woohooo!! I was beginning to think he'd forgotten how to sleep during the day, and also forgotten how much Mommy needs those few hours to rest or just do things around the house. I feel rejuvinated. :)

In other news...

I was right, 2 teeth every time. We're now seeing 8 teeth in Tyler's little mouth. Ok, so only the very teeny tiny tippy part of #8, but it's there! And he's letting me know it! We went to Target tonight, and silly me, I didn't have any toys for him to chew on, so I got the MagLite (heavy duty but small flashlight) out of my glove box and he went to town on it. I think I was getting some evil stares from some more experienced (and therefore better- insert eye roll here-) moms when they saw. I just laughed. My baby was happy. lol

Speaking of Target, for all you other moms of little ones out there, go to the Dollar Spot! Or See Spot Save! Or whatever the hell they call it now. I got a bunch of Sesame Street board books for a buck each. You know the kind- ABCs, numbers, colors, animals, etc... If your kid likes to eat books as much as read them, the One Spot is your friend! I also got a Curious George dry erase board for my fridge- because I'm a kid too. And a small book called A Taste of Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul- because in addition to being a kid, I am a Mom too. :) And bunny ears for Tyler's first Easter! lol I can't wait for that picture! Oh, and a squeaky ball for the Oaf. All for just $1.00 each.
I love cheap entertainment!

1 comment:

Shelby said...

love the dollar spot! I got a monkey sign for the monkey's room the other day (we have a jungle theme) from there. Im going hunting for those board books though