Thursday, September 25, 2008

9 Months of Happiness and Hell

In September of 2007 I took a pregnancy test. And got two pink lines! Oh happy day!! ;)
The following nine months were the longest and shortest of my life. My pregnancy was not as hard as some I've heard of, but definitely not easy either!

I was sick every day. Throwing up a few times a week for 8 months. I had my very first experience with heartburn on Christmas day 2007. I had heartburn every hour of every day from then until the end- so bad I couldn't eat or drink anything, and my best friend was called Tums! I had back aches, leg aches, and pains in my stomach and ribs and uterus bad enough to stop me in my tracks.
The only good physical thing I can remember is that my fingernails grew long and strong for the first time in my life. lol

From the very beginning I wanted a boy. I would not admit this to anyone, because I didn't want a girl to think I hadn't wanted her! So, from day one I convinced myself it was a girl and I became extremely happy with that. I even planned out her nursery and name and everything.
So, when we went to get the sonogram to find out the sex, I didn't really care, because I knew it was a girl!
When the technician pointed out the little part that makes it NOT a girl, I actually cried. I didn't know what to think because I had made myself want a girl! During the rest of the pregnancy, I was SO happy it was a boy, but wouldn't fully let myself believe it until he was born, because I was STILL worried it might be a girl and people would think I didn't want her. Wow- it's impossible to describe the pregnant woman's mind without sounding crazy!

We got a coupon for a free 4D sonogram. This was the most incredible thing I have ever experienced. Instead of trying to describe it, here's a picture. This is baby in utero!:
Photobucket
We were given 20+ pictures and 7 or 8 videos of it on a CD. What an amazing gift!

Here's a picture taken 6 days before the big day:
Photobucket

It was a very difficult 9 months for me, and the whole time I said I'd never do that to myself again. Then the second my son was born, all that changed. All the physical discomfort and pain, the emotional roller coasters of the last 9 months- it was all worth it! And I can't wait to do it again!! ;)

No comments: